|Description of the service
The Yabda Online Course service is both a Content and a Learning Management System, based on the open courseware development platform Open edX (openedx.org), delivered in the context of the European-Commission-funded project Yabda (reference no. 586418, www.yabda-project.eu). It offers free web-based courses on University-led entrepreneurship in the Maghreb region.
|How your information is used
Yabda Partners use information, including Personal Information, to carry out the following purposes:
- Operate and improve the Yabda VLE – This includes creating and improving features that support the Yabda community and enable Yabda VLE usage at scale. This also includes personalizing the Yabda VLE, so your learning experience is tailored to your interests and needs.
- Create, administer, provide, and teach courses – This includes creating and improving the delivery of massive open online courses and programs on Yabda VLE. This also includes personalizing courses, so your learning experience is tailored to your interests and needs and assessing your performance and awarding certificates.
- Offer and improve products and services – This includes enabling you to navigate the Yabda VLE, to enroll and participate in courses and programs on the Yabda VLE and to learn effectively in such courses and programs.
- Develop and maintain the security and performance of the Yabda VLE – This includes tracking Yabda VLE outages and creating software solutions, detecting violations of the Honor Code and Terms of Service, and monitoring uses, misuses, and potential misuses of the Yabda VLE.
- Communicate with you – This includes answering your course and platform questions, notifying you of course and Yabda VLE maintenance and updates, marketing to you about course offerings, programs, news, and related products and services of Yabda project, and as permitted under applicable law, sending you communications about news and events of the Yabda project that may be of interest to you.
- Support scientific research including, for example, in the areas of cognitive science and education – This includes collaborating to enable and conduct research about how learners access and master course materials online, with the goal of improving course outcomes.
- Track Yabda VLE usage against goals and mission –This includes performing analytics to evaluate access to and performance in courses and course-related products and services and to report aggregate usage information (not Personal Information) to CarePartners and the European Commission.
- Exercise, enforce, and comply with legal rights and obligations-This includes responding to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; and investigating, preventing, or taking action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Yabda VLE, or others, and as otherwise required by applicable law.